Thursday, August 19, 2010

Daydreams

So I sit at work and at home and even at rugby practice continuing to think about will I or will I not get to be the lucky person to live a Month at the Museum. During all that daydreaming, I keep thinking up all of the fantastical things I might discover in the depths of the 117 year old, 400,000 square foot building. Here are just some items I thought up:

1. Al Capone's REAL safe
2. The drain to Lake Michigan (don't touch!)
3. a giant model of the Columbian Exposition
4. old science exhibits that clearly are not science anymore ("the wonders of radon!", "smoking and it's benefits for your health!", "asbestos scuba tanks!", "The Earth is Flat, Get Used to It", "We are the Center of the Universe")
5. Oprah's robotic chamber
6. Cash Reserves for the City of Chicago
7. the second Hadron Collider (why build one hadron collider when we can build 2!)
8. All of the original art works housed in the Pavillion during the Columbian Exposition, only to find out the items returned to their museums were elaborate fakes
9. Documents detailing that the Manhattan Project was really just a bar mixology experiment gone awry.

So those are some of the silly things I have been thinking of, I guess I wont know what really is in that place until I get access to it all!

Phone Interviews are the week of August 25, fingers crossed!

With you,

C


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have you read From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler? This is the seminal text on living in a museum.